10 WAYS A DIY CONCRETE PROJECT CAN EASILY GO WRONG AND COST YOU EXPONENTIALLY MORE THAN EXPECTED
A bad DIY concrete pour is expensive to excavate and remove, here are some ways it can go wrong for an amateur;
1. When there is too much water in the concrete, there is greater shrinkage with the possibility for more cracks and reduced compressive strength.
2. Not considering the appropriate thickness of your project requirements can cause irreparable damage.
3. Digging without considering utilities such as underground electrical and water pipes can be dangerous and costly.
4. Underestimating the importance of properly supported concrete forms.
5. Not preparing the site correctly. Concrete needs to be placed on a level, well-drained and compacted surface for best results.
6. Failing to use reinforcement when needed.
7. Placing steel mesh reinforcement incorrectly.
8. Being impatient during the curing process.
9. Trying to pour concrete in poor weather conditions.
10 Insufficient placement of contraction joins will cause concrete to crack.
Contact PIERCRETE GROUP for all your concrete needs. Our highly professional and experienced tradesmen are fully licensed and insured.
For quote requests and enquiries E: email@example.com
The aim of our newsletter service is to provide our customers and visitors with concreting styles and inspirations, to provide industry updates, new product releases, helpful tips and to answer frequently asked questions so you are kept well informed with the latest news. It is free and easy to join, simply click here to get started.