MAINTAINING YOUR CONCRETE DRIVEWAY
It is true, concrete is one of the most durable driveway materials out there, however, this doesn’t mean you can overlook your maintenance duties. If neglected for an extended period, a concrete driveway will eventually succumb to the elements and start to show visible signs of wear and tear.
Here are our tips to enhance your driveway's longevity and street appeal.
1) Hire a professional contractor. Check credentials and ensure they are adequately insured.
2) Unless you have laid the appropriate thickness to your concrete driveway, avoid heavy vehicle access as much as possible.
3) Ensure the drainage surrounding your driveway is adequate. Excess water over prolonged periods could saturate the bedrock underneath causing your driveway to crack, sink, or become uneven.
4) Clean & reapply sealant. This not only improves the look of your frontage but will also protect your concrete from the elements.
5) Be aware of root growth capacity when planting around your home. Tree roots have the potential to damage your driveway, and other structures on your property.
6) Remove stains as quickly as possible. This is more for aesthetic appeal.
7) Be mindful, some chemicals can damage your concrete.
IF YOUR CONCRETE DRIVEWAY IS LOOKING A LITTLE WORSE FOR WEAR, IT MIGHT BE IN NEED OF RESURFACING - CONTACT US FOR A CONSULTATION.
Contact PIERCRETE GROUP for all your concrete needs. Our highly professional and experienced tradesmen are fully licensed and insured.
For quote requests and enquiries E: email@example.com
The aim of our newsletter service is to provide our customers and visitors with concreting styles and inspirations, to provide industry updates, new product releases, helpful tips and to answer frequently asked questions so you are kept well informed with the latest news. It is free and easy to join, simply click here to get started.